July 13, 2010

Occupation: I Work For Change!

The recent inauguration of President Benigno Aquino III has given much anticipation to the change that this country hoped for. June 30, 2010 marked a significant date on this brand new administration, the whole country is in euphoria and celebration of victory cheerfully gleed on this eventful day. Since it's holiday, I had a chance to get glued on TV and watch the coverage of several networks. Impressive coverage of giant networks. Yellow became the favorite motiff for the day and the victorious 'Laban' sign became strongly visible as the event went by. Political figures, honorary guests and celebrities dressed their best and performances were entertaining with the sense of nationalism. The president-elect and the outgoing president came 11 minutes in advance to the proper schedule and a brief salute from their brave men was given to them. The last march of madame commander-in-chief was done with dignity bidding her men a last look with gratitude for the past 9 years of her governance.

The colors and images of the presidential inauguration reminds us of transition, transition of administration and capping off the previous one. Transition that despite the ugly politics here in our country there's still anticipation of something new awaits for us. During his campaign trail, then Senator Aquino, in his campaign ad, would echo from time to time his invitation 'samahan ninyo ako sa daang matuwid'...perhaps an invitation to traverse the road of righteousness and what we can do is to make that choice! This was done by many of us last May 10, 2010.

I honestly did not vote for Noynoy Aquino and was able to vote another presidentiable whom I think has a clear platform and who has intellect and ability. I think I did not waste my vote because all I knew, I voted according to my conscience and that what matters. I am not a staunch supporter of President Noynoy Aquino but I am for change and for change I will participate and will become a staunch supporter of this great revolution of our times. It is not about PNoy or any political figures we admire but it is about us whom we can tap to make this change happen. Sounds a cliche already but no matter how we stated that we are change...this cannot be done without me, you and us. I agree with PNoy to choose the road to righteousness and we must help him. We have now our new job...our occupation: I Work for Change!

Inauguration is over, it's time now to work!