June 23, 2011

Bed Weather Reflection

I love the weather today, it is raining since morning because of the typhoon approaching. I had again another opportunity to update my blog while the weather is conducive to my relaxing mood so I sit on my bed with my back leaning the wall and just beside my bed is the window pane where I could see the view from outside. Though it was raining, I could see the mountains of Rizal from afar covered in cloud canopy, a relaxing view to see while writing my blog. I turned on my Windows Media Player and played a favorite hymn of mine to add more relaxing atmosphere and while waiting for my merienda ready to be served. I do admit that I am inspired today to write a blog because of such weather, and what else can I do but to write something besides I was again hospitalized for a week.


Yes, I was admitted again in the hospital for my pneumonia. Doctors conducted several tests on me, needles were once again struck my veins as if I could almost feel numb and those medicines I take were already immuned to my body system! Thank God I was recovered after going again to those processes. I fervently pray to God to keep me healthy as I start my discipline of taking good care of my health. I promised to Him that if I will recover fully, I will devote my entire life serving Him. A promise that I must fulfill no matter what happen! 


Seriously, the second hospitalization is no joke at all. This is something that I must look into and reflect for the coming days. What really went wrong with me? Is it the way I look about life? the way I spend every day, hours, minutes and seconds? my lifestyle? There are so many questions to consider to re-examine my life. After that hospitalization, I must say that it changed my viewpoint about life drastically. Life is indeed so short, so precious, so valuable! To think of every morning when I wake up, how I feel so blessed that I am still alive and breathing and my eyes open....that alone is a blessing from God! That's why I wouldn't miss to thank Him for that special blessing each day. We may not notice this everyday but when waking up in the morning is a miracle of life that God works everyday because He loves us so much. When I go to bed, I feel fear as if this is my last day on earth. I tried to pray before I sleep and ask God to send his angels before me throughout the night while waiting for another morning to come. Prayer armed me with strength and assurance that God never abandons. 


This reflection has a simple message for me and for all of us as well...3 words: Live, Life and Love! Don't waste a single opportunity to live the life that you want to love and love the life that you want to live. Don't forget to pray constantly and thank God for the blessings each day!


Ooops...my merienda is ready! Thank God for the bed weather!