April 10, 2010

Vocation Journey Series: From PSMBFI to San Jose Seminary

After a year na hindi ako nakapagsulat dito sa blog ko, at last, nagkaroon na rin ako ng time to update my blog. Anyway, marami na rin ang nangyari since the last blog na sinulat ko dito. To keep you updated, I resigned from my work as a Marketing and Leasing Clerk from my former company in PSMBFI somewhere in Crame. Most of my co-workers were sad because I am resigning soon especially that I am already a probationary employee, less than 2 months I will become a regular employee in the company. I have decided to re-enter again the seminary and this time at San Jose seminary inside Ateneo de Manila University. Some of my friends were quite shock about my decision but others, they are expecting it already because I have confided them my on-going reflections that time. Even my parents didn’t expect my sudden turn-about decision to re-enter the seminary again.

What happened is that, they were expecting some sort of explanations from me but I told them an honest decision to be back in the seminary which, in the first place, my first love. I have been in the outside world for 5 years (since I went out from the seminary in 2002) and I think, those 5 meaningful years were enough to say that I have been through a lot of challenges and it’s time for me to come back. I am so grateful for five years living in the world where reality of life is being experienced. I had 4 different jobs that I have been with 4 different companies. I experienced how to toil hard and sweat my eyebrows for the sake of earning a living. I do not say this because I had enough of work for five years, I am still continue learning the facts of life and its lessons and even up to this day. Although I am now in San Jose Seminary, the securities are back and harder studies has just begun, I am praying that I may endure these challenges which once again test my perseverance of my vocation and the faith that I am holding on to God. I would like you to join with me in this conquest…